Paul was attracted to join CIS in January, 2018 because of the intersection of the organization’s mission and what he considers to be his life’s calling, which is to help grow and nurture young people into successful adults. He’s spent the majority of his adult life serving young people as youth minister in the local church setting, as a volunteer leader, and as a public-school classroom teacher. The faces and stories that come from those experiences drive his passion to lead, nurture and empower the young people of our community, especially those who face difficult situations that are outside of their control.
Justin started with Communities In Schools in 2014. He has a Master’s Degree degree in Christian Ministry and a Bachelor’s degree in Youth & Family Ministry from Abilene Christian University. He also has 17 years of experience in youth work through the City of Abilene’s Parks and Recreational Division as well as 5 years of experience as a youth ministry leader.
Christian started with Communities In Schools in 2012. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sports Sciences from Texas Tech University.
Sarah McLean LMSW
Program Support Specialist
Sarah graduated from ACU with a Master’s in social work in 2016. Prior to that, she worked with children in a transitional living center in Houston, Texas and then taught middle school math and science for 4 additional years. Since receiving her social work education, she has worked with Communities In Schools of the Big Country as a program support specialist.
Student Success Coaches
- Erica Hansley – Abilene High School
- Joe Cunningham, Jr. – Cooper High School
- Lawrence (LC) Alexander – Clack Middle School
- Sheila Ashford – Craig Middle School
- Thurmond Metters – Madison Middle School
- Alana Tollett – Mann Middle School
- Jimmy Fancher – Snyder Junior High School
- Kaitlin Montgomery – Wylie Middle & Junior High School
- Chance Kilpatrick – Wylie High School
- Meredith Wunsch – Breckenridge High School